Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Sewing for the girl: The Family Reunion Dress

The quick and dirty version since I am on my phone:

I decided in February that I wanted to make little miss's Easter dress. I love Liesl Gibson's patterns and have had excellent luck sewing them (the Everyday Skirt and the A Day in the Park Backpack tote), so I knew that the Oliver + S patterns were the ones I wanted. I picked out the Family Reunion Dress after much careful deliberation. Then I waited to find the perfect fabric. I struggled y'all. Then my husband said he wanted to see her in yellow, and the perfect fabric came to me. I had to hunt it down on Etsy, but before long I had a yard of Anna Maria Horner's Good folks cotton voile in Saffron in my hot little hands. Then I waited a few weeks to wash, cut, and sew it. Here are the results!


Notes: I bought the digital pattern and had it printed at Staples. The lady at staples scaled it to fit, so the pattern ended up being smaller. It was a happy mistake, because now I have the pattern in a 3-6 month size without having to grade it myself!

I also sewed the pleats inside out, but I liked the look better. 

I omitted the sleeves since we would be in Florida for Easter, and I think it turned out really well!

2 comments:

  1. I think the pleats look nice, too! And I love the color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I never would've guessed that you strayed from the original pattern, it looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS