Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

37 weeks!


  • How big is Baby Girl? Baby Girl is the size of a Watermelon! And I feel every one of those little seeds. 
  • How are you feeling? Big. Large. Hitting my belly on things and having a hard time washing dishes without my belly hitting the sink.
  • How's Tony feeling? He's a bit ill. He caught my cold and it's affecting him worse because of his diabetes. I feel bad.
  • News? I started packing my hospital bag!
  • House projects? I hung some stuff up on Baby Girl's wall. I still don't know how I'm going to hang her wreath.
  • Cravings? Things I can't have. Trail mix is pretty good too. And I'm officially STARVING, so I think she's dropped just a bit.
  • How's that belly button? Sticking out. Way out. Can't be concealed by a tank top out.
  • Labor signs? BH contractions are getting stronger, bordering on uncomfortable/mildly painful.

  • Le sigh. 

    Let's talk labor people. I haven't told my parents this, but nobody but Tony is going to be allowed in my delivery room. AT ALL. This does not include the medical personnel that will of course be in there making sure we are okay. I am not looking forward to telling my mom. She thinks she needs to be there, and I absolutely do not need her negativity and know-it-all attitude. I'm shooting for an un-medicated vaginal childbirth. And every time I've brought that up, she seems offended, like I'm implying that the way she did things wasn't good enough. I'm taking a birth class; she didn't, she "just went to the hospital and had a baby and that was good enough." I want an un-medicated birth and am taking the class that my friend took who ended up having an unmedicated birth with Pitocin; she "had an un-medicated birth until they had to CUT ME OUT." I just... I just can't handle that. I can't. Every major occasion she has turned into being about her, and I'd really like the birth of my children to be about our new family, our wants/needs, and our preferences. NOBODY ELSE.

    Now, she is warming up to my cloth diapering. We talked about it last time she was here, and I'm going to give her the lessons she will need.

    Also, nobody is staying with us after the birth. NO HOUSE GUESTS. I don't have a guest bed for a reason. It invites people to stay. Plus, my guest room became a nursery and we're not willing to give up our office to a room that in the 1.5 years we've lived here has never been used. My mom is hinting that we need something in case someone needs to stay. If someone absolutely NEEDS to stay, they can sleep on my couch. Again, no one needs to stay. I wish she'd come out and say that she wants to stay, and then I could gently tell her that she lives 45 minutes away and needs to go home. We're bleeding money right now getting ready for our baby, and the last thing I need is to buy a sofa bed or new bed for the guest room that I don't have.

    I am also not calling anyone, because they either think that a) I'm in labor or b) something horrible has happened. If you want to talk to me and have my phone number, you can call me. The phone works both ways.

    Rant over.

    2 comments:

    1. I feel ya on the rant!!!!! I agree on not having anyone else in there- luckily the only family member who MIGHT want to lives FOREVER away, thank goodness. Stick to your guns and you will be happy you did!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I feel ya on the rant!!!!! I agree on not having anyone else in there- luckily the only family member who MIGHT want to lives FOREVER away, thank goodness. Stick to your guns and you will be happy you did!!!

      ReplyDelete

     
    SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS