- I am finding it difficult to run right now.
Seriously, I'm so much happier in my BarreAmped classes. I'm doing Bootcamp right now, and I love it. It's brutal. But I get such a workout in an hour, and after six weeks, I'm seeing a vast improvement in my body. I have arm muscles! My waist is more defined! Even my running, when I do it, is better, faster, more fluid. But it's winter and in the winter I struggle with running. This is my fourth winter running, and every winter I struggle. I just need to get over this October-March hump and I'll be fine. I think.
All this cross-training is good for me though.
- I am finding it difficult to run away from the baked goods. They are so, so good, and we live by some fantastic bakeries.
- I am having a hard time running away from cheese. I love me some dairy products.
- I am finding it hard to watch my weight go up and my inches go down.
- I struggle with push-ups. Massively.
- I hate lunges, and in particular having to hang out in lunge position with my knee hovering off the ground. I can't get that low or my knees hate me.
But: I am looking for the positive in all this. Running will be fun again, I can enjoy small amounts of dessert and cheese, weight is just a number, and I'm gaining muscle so all of this will be easier soon.